Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Trying to create Hierarchy in BIDS from DimTable Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:13 AM
Hi - I am trying to create a hiearchy from a Dim Table linked to the SQL DB and I'm having difficulty. I am using Visual Studio 2008 and Analysis Services server 2005. My SQL Server DB is in 2005.

I have a simple dimension with County, State and Region. The hierarchy is pretty straight forward. County Code is the primary key and is the leaf level (lowest level of detail), and I want County to role up to State and then State to roll up to Region.

I am not a programmer of SSAS so I would like to do this through the UI. I have tried so many permutations of what I thought would be fairly straight forward, I am out of ideas. I've tried many different attribute relationships, created new hierarchies, tried custom rollup property, etc.

If someone can run me through the steps I tried or have new ideas, I would greatly appreciate it. Please provide as detail steps as possible.

Thanks,
Paul
Post #1557233
Posted Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:42 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 7:13 AM
I was able to solve the issue by creating a relationship between county and state, and county and region. I was able to go through trial and error until I got it to work. Had to create a new hiearchy with the relationships and it works well.
Post #1557445
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse