Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Please hlp me to creating package upsert Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:21 PM
Hi,

Please help me how to create package upsert industry and want to do update and insert operations from database.
Post #1552456
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2014 11:29 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:33 AM
Thats are vary open question you have asked. there is no a detail regarding what kind of problem you are facing. Kindly share us what exactly you are looking for.
Post #1552459
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:05 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:22 AM
The command you're looking for in T-SQL is called MERGE. Here's the Books Online entry on it.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of:
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1552516
Posted Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:23 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 10:21 PM
Hi ,

Thank you. Can you explain in detail about creating a pkg and in precedure how to create pl/sql codings for insert alone from the given source table. can u send me any other documents for referrence?
Post #1552860
Posted Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:57 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:22 AM
jeni.jm23 (3/19/2014)
Hi ,

Thank you. Can you explain in detail about creating a pkg and in precedure how to create pl/sql codings for insert alone from the given source table. can u send me any other documents for referrence?

No, sorry, I can't. Package and PL/SQL are Oracle and I work with SQL Server. The forum you're posting in is for SQL Server 2014. You'd be better off taking your question to an Oracle forum.

----------------------------------------------------
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." Theodore Roosevelt
The Scary DBA
Author of:
SQL Server Query Performance Tuning
and
SQL Server Execution Plans

Product Evangelist for Red Gate Software
Post #1552927
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse