Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

add report header/footer to report Expand / Collapse
Author
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, August 16, 2014 10:01 AM
In an existing ssrs 2008 r2, it looks like the report does not contain a page header. When I try to place the following code into the report:
=Globals!ReportName & Chr(10) & "Run Date:" & Globals!ExecutionTime

=Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages

I get an error message that says globals can only be added to report headers or footers.

Thus can you tell me how to add a report header and a footer into an existing report? Is this an insert item, is it something that you can drag onto the designer surface?
Post #1551953
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014 5:36 PM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:01 PM
Can't remember SSRS2008R2 really well, but I think it's pretty similar to 2010. Right-click on the design surface of your report, select Insert and at the very bottom of the dropdown, you can select Header/Footer.
Post #1551964
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014 11:47 PM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Monday, March 17, 2014 11:46 PM
In 2008 R2, you can add page header & footer.

Select Report -> From Menu Bar Select Report - > There you can find Add Header / Add Footer.

Please go through the attachment.

Post Attachments 
Add Report Header & Footer.jpg (10 views, 42.90 KB)
Post #1552002
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse