Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Newbie With Issue Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 10:32 AM
ok, SSIS gurus. This is our first time setting up a SSIS package. I created a simple straight forward package that has one 'Data Flow Task'. Within that Data Flow Task I have 'OLE DB Source' which then outputs data to a text file. I have two Connections one for the test server and one for the Flatfile. Everything works fine in BIDS. It runs, turns green and outputs a file.

Now I have set the deployment to True. Copied the BIN folder to our Test server. Ran the install wizard to install in the file system. I have two issues now.

1. When i log into Integration Services on the Test server I do not see the package under the File System node.

2. I get this Validation error during the install
"ERROR: SSIS Error Code DTS_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "Test Server" failed with error code 0xC0202009.

3. I also see this error as well:
"ERROR: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLDEBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4D. An OLE DB record is available. Source: "Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0" Hresult 0x80040E4D Description "Login failed for user "

Just in case you need this info my laptop is Windows 7 64 bit and our Test server is also 64 bit. I am using Sql Server 2008 R2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Post #1551840
Posted Monday, March 17, 2014 8:52 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

OK, issue 1 is resolved i placed the file in the wrong location. I thought it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Packages when it actually was C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Packages.

Any one that can help with number 2 and 3 ??? I still get that error when double clicking on the package and running it.

Thanks.
Post #1551980
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2014 10:38 AM
SSC Rookie

I was able to resolve issue.

Thanks.
Post #1552312
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:25 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:58 AM
elee1969 (3/18/2014)

Thanks.

What did you do to resolve it?

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1552399
Posted Tuesday, March 18, 2014 2:54 PM
SSC Rookie

Jeff Moden (3/18/2014)
elee1969 (3/18/2014)

Thanks.

What did you do to resolve it?

Change the protectlevel to DoNotSave and created the config file to store the password.
Post #1552411
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse