Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Geeky Entertainment Expand / Collapse
Author
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:37 PM
chris.puncher (2/28/2014)
markradley (2/28/2014)
Gazareth (2/28/2014)
I always thought David Eddings' Elenium and Tamuli series would make cracking films.

The Belgariad and Malloreon by Eddings would also make a good film series I think. I always preferred them to Lord of the Rings.

Ah, but the Sparhawk books are more comical. Everyone enjoys a good defenestration.

That's a terrible thing to do to a man!

Haven't read the Belgariad & Malloreon yet, they've been on my 'to read' list for years!
Post #1546269
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 5:28 AM
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 12:37 PM
Rodney Landrum (2/28/2014)
I would like to see Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson

Yes please!
Post #1546271
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 5:51 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:42 PM
Mine would be the Emerald Eyes (Continuing Time) series.

The author wrote it in 1988 but was a programmer so his tech views were on about par for the future time lines may go.

----------------
Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.
Post #1546280
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 6:16 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 12:57 PM
I'd love to see a couple (OK, a lot) of books made into movies (heck some might be better as a mini-series on TV)

Ringworld - Larry Niven
Last Centurion - John Ringo (get used to this name)
Live Free or Die - John Ringo
The Posleen War series (quite a few books, not listing all of them) - John Ringo
I'd love to see a decent movie based off the old boardgame / book series BattleTech...
BOL: Adventures of a DBA - Microsoft Press
Post #1546286
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 6:20 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:21 AM
When the first Artemis Fowl book came out, there was a secret code in the book that was supposed to be an entry for a walk on role in the movie adaptation. Years later, I am still waiting for the movie.

I have long felt "In The Net of Dreams" is an under-appreciated masterpiece, and would be an awesome film, if done right.

The DC comics character "Static" (originally Milestone, but migrated into the main universe) was strong enough to support a multi-year animated series, I think he could support a feature film. And then tie it into the JLA movie.
Post #1546289
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 6:31 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 2:44 AM
I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.
Post #1546296
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 6:50 AM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Tuesday, September 23, 2014 7:42 PM
jasona.work (2/28/2014)
I'd love to see a couple (OK, a lot) of books made into movies (heck some might be better as a mini-series on TV)

The Posleen War series (quite a few books, not listing all of them) - John Ringo

I
f you liked the Posleen War series you would probably like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. But either of these would be better as a TV series. Some of the books are thick.

----------------
Jim P.

A little bit of this and a little byte of that can cause bloatware.
Post #1546304
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 6:52 AM

Right there with Babe

Right there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with BabeRight there with Babe

Last Login: Today @ 12:57 PM
Jim P. (2/28/2014)
jasona.work (2/28/2014)

I
f you liked the Posleen War series you would probably like the Honor Harrington series by David Weber. But either of these would be better as a TV series. Some of the books are thick.

I actually left of the Honor Harrington books (got almost all of them so far) because there's talk of adapting the second book, "Honor of the Queen" to a movie already.

Article I read on it (I'll try to find it tonight) indicated that after looking at the first book, speaking with David Weber, they decided the second would work better as a movie.
Post #1546307
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 7:11 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 2:34 PM
I think a mini-series based on Arthur C. Clarke's four "Rendezvous with Rama" novels would be interesting, so long as it's not a low budget Syfy Channel job, and if they plan it out properly to conclude from beginning to end in a single season.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rendezvous_with_Rama
Post #1546324
Posted Friday, February 28, 2014 7:14 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 2:55 AM
call.copse (2/28/2014)
I don't think it could be a movie - maybe a HBO show or something - but I'd love to see the Foundation series adapted well. Tricky one mind you.

I can't see it translating to a movie - a TV series would probably fit better.
Oh and don't let the producer of I Robot anywhere near it. I prefer that movies of books actually resemble the book.

Would love to see the Flinx novels by Alan Dean Foster or David Brin's Uplift War done though.
Post #1546329
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse