Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Lawsuits and Data Breaches Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:21 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 10:03 AM
Don't get me wrong; I do not want to see people go to jail but I do want well known best practices applied and the employment of them actively supported by the appropriate management.

Gary, you mentioned earlier in your post we need an 'Enron moment' - and Enron execs were in fact sentenced to jail.

Human nature being what it is, and execs being what they often are (both arrogant and ignorant), I have no problem seeing some people being made an example for their misdeeds.
Post #1545457
Posted Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:56 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 9:56 AM
Craig-315134 (2/26/2014)
Don't get me wrong; I do not want to see people go to jail but I do want well known best practices applied and the employment of them actively supported by the appropriate management.

Gary, you mentioned earlier in your post we need an 'Enron moment' - and Enron execs were in fact sentenced to jail.

Human nature being what it is, and execs being what they often are (both arrogant and ignorant), I have no problem seeing some people being made an example for their misdeeds.

I guess my point is that I don't want to see people sent to jail as I'd rather that they understood the need to change first but I believe that it would take people being sent to jail for certain people to accept that things do need to change.

Of course, although those people change their behaviour it is still not for the right reasons :'-(

Gaz

-- Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen...they're everywhere!!!
Post #1545475
Posted Wednesday, February 26, 2014 10:05 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 10:03 AM
... I believe that it would take people being sent to jail for certain people to accept that things do need to change.

Of course, although those people change their behaviour it is still not for the right reasons :'-(

If men were angels, no government would be necessary.

-- Federalist no 51
Post #1545483
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse