Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS Report Manager Site Problem Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:57 PM
Hi all,

I have recently started learning SQL Server mainly focusing towards SSRS. I have installed properly SQL Server Express 2012 with reporting services.

But, when I try to open Reporting Services Manager Website I don't see the Report Builder link to install it. I am studying some online course and every instructor asks to install report builder from there?

I have put myself as an admin in the site settings also under the folder settings I selected everything including Report Builder.

Can someone please help what am I doing wrong? BTW, I am the only administrator in the system.

Thanks in advance.

Post Attachments 
2.jpg (8 views, 51.46 KB)
3.jpg (7 views, 55.61 KB)
4.jpg (6 views, 64.25 KB)
Post #1539461
Posted Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:43 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:22 PM
I believe you actually need to install the Report Builder functionality
Try this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207038.aspx

Post #1539510
Posted Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:50 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:50 AM
As per the link MyDoggieJessie has provided, you should install report builder as a separate program. see [url=http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=29072][/url]

Once you have created the .rdl file using Report Builder you can then upload the .rdl file to report manager and run it. Youi will also need to configured, the data connection, security permissions etc
Post #1539516
Posted Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:45 PM
Grasshopper

Last Login: Sunday, April 13, 2014 11:57 PM
Thanks guys...its been solved now... I still don't see the link on the Report Manager Site...but who gives a **** as long as its working...I have made the connections and configured properly and now working like a charm...cheers...
Post #1539535
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse