Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Deploy package to multiple servers Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:57 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 3:02 AM
I was already thinking about a batch job, that uploads the packages to multiple servers using DTUTIL.exe
But at the moment I have no clue how to.

Out of interest, how many servers?

Regarding DtUtil, what is your issue exactly? Syntax? Cross-domain issues? How to run it? Something else?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1538486
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:18 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:47 AM
Hi Phil,

27 at the moment, number increasing.

The most comfortable solution would be a table stored on a master server, from where the batch file fetches all information, which packages shall be copied to where. There are 2 or 3 servers that receive slightly modified packages.
Post #1538489
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:21 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

martin.hock (2/6/2014)
Hi Phil,

27 at the moment, number increasing.

The most comfortable solution would be a table stored on a master server, from where the batch file fetches all information, which packages shall be copied to where. There are 2 or 3 servers that receive slightly modified packages.

How's your Powershell? That would be one way.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1538490
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:28 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:47 AM
Never used it. But if you think it will solve my problem, I will
Post #1538493
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:41 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

martin.hock (2/6/2014)
Never used it. But if you think it will solve my problem, I will

Certainly a good opportunity for you to learn. I am no PoSh guru by any means, but I think it will do the job very nicely.

If you want a free PoSh IDE to help you along the way, there is one here which seems decent enough to me.

Post #1538497
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse