Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««12345

Finding “Active” Rows for the Previous Month (SQL Spackle) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, February 5, 2014 11:28 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, October 17, 2014 7:46 AM
davoscollective (2/2/2014)
Wow thanks for what was effectively part 2 in this spackle :) You've written an article in its own right to answer my question...

I completely agree. That's one of the best follow-up posts that I've seen in quite a while here.

Jeff - I would suggest that you take that post, and make it into its own article. It's likely it will be read more than being stuck here in a follow up post on this article (you know how a lot of folks don't read the ensuing discussion), and this point is so valuable to make.

Wayne
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
Links: For better assistance in answering your questions, How to ask a question, Performance Problems, Common date/time routines,
CROSS-TABS and PIVOT tables Part 1 & Part 2, Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2, Splitting Delimited Strings
Post #1538481
Posted Friday, February 7, 2014 11:30 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:05 PM
[b]WayneS (2/5/2014)

Jeff - I would suggest that you take that post, and make it into its own article. It's likely it will be read more than being stuck here in a follow up post on this article (you know how a lot of folks don't read the ensuing discussion), and this point is so valuable to make.

I used to mainly read the articles; but I've found that I often learn a lot from the follow-up posts. But of course, anyone reading this has already figured that out.
Post #1539323
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««12345

Permissions Expand / Collapse