Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS report objects aligning Expand / Collapse
Author

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:54 AM
Hi

I have a SSRS reporting requirement where a table is required to be shown on report header part for displaying a study code in the report.

As table object cannot be included in report header part, I have used 4 textboxes in the header part to fulfill the requirement. In the design view of SSRS report, both these objects are getting aligned. But when it comes to the preview of the report and in the report export forms, it is not aligning as seen in the Design view of the report.

I have done all possible ways to get these objects aligned. But still I cannot accomplish that. Please suggest some ways to do that.
Post #1535703
Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:20 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:00 AM
What if you explicitly set the location properties?

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1535728
Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:32 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:28 PM
I have sometimes been able to force report elements to align by putting them in a rectangle. Might that work for you here?

Doug
Post #1536059
Posted Wednesday, January 29, 2014 11:25 PM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Wednesday, November 5, 2014 4:54 AM
Hi Doug

Can you explain a bit on how you did it.
I have tried adding all the report textboxes in the report header into a rectangle and align it with the report elements in the report body. Still in the preview, it is coming not aligned.
Post #1536178
Posted Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:29 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:28 PM
When I have used rectangles it has usually been in the report body rather than the header. I place the rectangle, and then position my textboxes in the rectangle where I want them to be lined up. Once my objects are in place I shrink the rectangle so it is snug against the textboxes on the left and right sides (if I didn't already place them in the rectangle that way).

I'm not sure if I have tried this in the header, though - perhaps it behaves differently there? I would hope that isn't the case.

Doug
Post #1536494
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:39 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Tuesday, April 1, 2014 6:12 PM
Try setting properties related to the textboxes, like "can increase to accomodate contents" to false.

You may try the alignment by setting hard coded values to the textboxes. Just to see if length of data is causing the misalignment. I tried replicating the scenario, but alignment in header section worked for me as such (I'm using SSRS 2005).

Post #1538932
Posted Thursday, February 6, 2014 4:28 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 9:47 AM
Hey George,

Any chance you could attach a sample report that demonstrates what you are trying to achieve?

See the link in my signature if you are not sure how to do that with embedded sample data.

MM

• MMGrid Addin
  • MMNose Addin

• Forum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problems
  • Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
  • How to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw

• Post #1538942
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse