Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Log Shipping scans files but doesn't restore Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:55 AM
SQL_Bob (1/14/2014)
Alright, after much more experimentation, it turns out that what I'm trying to do *can* work, provided that the formatting of the log backup file names exactly matches what log shipping is expecting.

I'll be working on a blog post detailing everything discussed here as well as how I solved each step. Will include a link when it's up. Thank you everyone for your help!

Bob did you ever get a chance to write this info up? I am in the exact same situation you are in regarding the logs coming in from an external company and sure could use some help.

Post #1551818
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2015 11:13 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 3, 2015 9:36 AM
I would love to hear how you set up Log Shipping databases with FTP or dropbox. We have several Goodwill stores running SQL 2008 R2 Workgroup and do not have a VPN or any connection to our main office and I am trying to set up a data mart so I would like to have "copies" of the various stores databases so I can manipulate their data to have reports on the stores combined and individual. We do not want to connect the databases to make sure we do not violate PCI Compliance. Obviously we also have budgetary issues with trying to keep our money to the mission and not operations. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tracy
Post #1667742
Posted Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:44 PM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Monday, April 20, 2015 10:29 AM
I'm having the same issue which I described in the thread "Log shipping restore job doesn't restore"

Interestingly, this is also not standard SQL Log Shipping. The log files originate on an Internet-facing domain and are passed through a firewall via an FTP job to a server in a secure domain.

Oddly there are five databases on the Internet-facing instance that send their log files through the firewall to the same target instance, and four of the restore jobs work - one doesn't.

If anyone has figured this out please let us know.
Post #1667773
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse