Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

The Geek Christmas Poll Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 6:29 AM
A teenage mood detector

Kids are gone (yea!) Now I need wife mood detector

MG

"There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
Tony Hoare

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair.

Post #1522665
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 6:58 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 7:06 AM
I would ask for time away from all of the gadgets and noise. I am going to spend some time with my wife, some time in solitude ice fishing and some time in church comtemplating what is important this time of year.

Merry Christmas,
Scott
Post #1522673
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:18 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, September 5, 2014 8:26 AM
I thought about the Samsung watch/phone, but you have to have carry around the smart phone. At least that is what I understood. I just want the watch to work as a phone like they show in the commercials and not have to carry anything else around.
Post #1522679
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:19 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Today @ 7:08 AM
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

Sorry, had to be said.

Seriously though, my netbook just died, so I have been looking for a tablet as a replacement. If Santa saw his way clear to bring me a 256 GB Surface 2 Pro, with Power Cover and SQL 2012 Express and all the updates already installed, I would be a very happy nerd. Even without the software, I would be a pretty happy nerd with just the tablet and dock.
Post #1522680
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:20 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:34 AM
I want some reasonable winter temperatures. We have snow but it''s been to cold to ski(Around the -30C).

Other than that, I'm not a gadget person, but I would love a new turntable. One that plays at 33&1/3 consistently. Not the 25-40 range that I get with my current one. There's nothing like trying to play guitar along a record when the pitch keeps changing.
Post #1522681
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:22 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Today @ 7:06 AM
nickd-799913 (12/13/2013)
I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle!

You'll shoot your eye out!
Post #1522682
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:33 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, August 28, 2014 1:35 PM
I have a Raspberry Pi on my Christmas list.
I already have a bunch of Arduino stuff but wouldn't mind have some more random sensors or maybe a robot chassis and motors to go with it.
Post #1522688
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:35 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Thursday, September 4, 2014 7:59 AM
After holding out long enough, I'm finally going to be getting a Blu-Ray player. The studios have won.

I love watching the bonus material that often comes with movies (behind the scenes, gag reels, etc.), but they have slowly been leaving them off of the DVD versions and only adding them to the Blu-Ray editions. So, I'm caving in, breaking down, giving up, and getting a Blu-Ray.....Sigh.
Post #1522690
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:39 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, September 5, 2014 8:26 AM
Maybe some kind of electrical shock device, like a tazer, I could use on the plane when the person in front of me decides to lean their seat back into my face. Or how about the airlines either give more room between seats or prevent them from reclining in the first place.
Post #1522694
Posted Friday, December 13, 2013 7:49 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 12:19 PM
Scott Arendt (12/13/2013)
I would ask for time away from all of the gadgets and noise. I am going to spend some time with my wife, some time in solitude ice fishing and some time in church comtemplating what is important this time of year.

Merry Christmas,
Scott

Well said, Scott! Enjoy!

Me - I too like to move away from the computer and phone which seem to follow me withersoever I go. More tools for the wood shop would be nice. Quiet time with family is always a blessing as well.

Merry Christmas to all!

David

@SQLTentmaker
SQL Tentmaker
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose” - Jim Elliot
Post #1522697
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse