Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««123

Central Management Servers Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 18, 2014 12:54 AM
Good one but it was not a question about the CMS but rather if you can read the text carefully :)

Kindest Regards,

Damian Widera
SQL Server MVP,
MCT, MCSE Data Platform, MCSD.NET
Post #1523146
Posted Thursday, December 19, 2013 11:44 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, August 5, 2014 5:20 AM
I was really not sure about the answer and it was hit in the dark. Definitely learned something today. Thanks Steve.
Post #1524879
Posted Tuesday, December 24, 2013 6:13 PM

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Last Login: Today @ 4:54 PM
Good question.

Given that this limitation is easily evaded, as a couple of comments have pointed out, I agree that it is a drawback as suggested in teh explanation, because it is simply an inconvenience which provides nothing useful. However, if it were properly enforced it might actually be useful - I'm not sure whether it would or not, because I really know pretty well nothing about central Server Management Groups, but I thinnk I can imagine a case where it might be desirable to give people some privileges on the servers in a group but not have those privileges extend to the central server; of course I could be wrong in imagining that.

Tom
Post #1525826
Posted Friday, January 3, 2014 1:09 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Wednesday, July 23, 2014 3:24 AM
never used it and will probably never use it
Post #1527375
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««123

Permissions Expand / Collapse