Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Maintenance task error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:42 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, December 16, 2013 1:36 PM
I just started having an issue with maintenance tasks. When I click on one of my jobs to modify it I get the following error. Also I am unable to create a new task unless I use the wizard? Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this?
thanks any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Could not load file or assembly 'msddsp, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsComponentDiagram.CreateDdsView(Control parentControl)
at Microsoft.DataWarehouse.Controls.DdsDiagramHostControl.set_ComponentDiagram(ComponentDiagram value)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DbMaintSequenceDesigner.get_DbMaintDiagramHost()
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DbMaintSequenceDesigner.Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.IDbMaintSequenceDesigner.get_DiagramHost()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintDiagramHostCtrl.get_SelectedSubPlanDesignerHost()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintDiagramHostCtrl.SelectSubPlan()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintDiagramHostCtrl.grid_SelectionChanged(Object sender, SelectionChangedEventArgs args)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.Grid.GridControl.OnSelectionChanged(BlockOfCellsCollection selectedCells)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.Grid.GridControl.SelectedCellsInternal(BlockOfCellsCollection col, Boolean bSet)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.Grid.GridControl.set_SelectedCells(BlockOfCellsCollection value)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.Grid.DlgGridControl.SetSelectedCellInt(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.Grid.DlgGridControl.SetSelectedCell(Int32 rowIndex, Int32 colIndex)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintDiagramHostCtrl.PopulateGrid()
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintDiagramHostCtrl.Initialize(MaintenancePlanData planData)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.DbMaintView.LoadMaintenancePlan(String connectionString, IManagedConnection connection, String objectUrn)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.VsIntegration.DtsDesignerService.OpenDesigner(String connectionString, Object connection, String objectUrn)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.DatabaseMaintenance.MaintDesignerMenuHandler.Invoke()
Post #1521678
Posted Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:05 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:04 PM
seems like the package was moved from the location it has. restart the sql agent and see if it works. --Just a tip

--SQLFRNDZ
Post #1521714
Posted Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:59 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Ok that may make sense.
Could this be due to a change out of the TempDB LUN to a new LUN and the Log Files to a new separate LUN as well?
thanks for the tip.
Marc
Post #1521919
Posted Monday, December 16, 2013 11:02 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:04 PM
Yes, could be if your files stored in that drives or LUNS.

--SQLFRNDZ
Post #1523360
Posted Monday, December 16, 2013 1:39 PM
Forum Newbie

Thanks
I found that some of teh needed xml files are missing when compared to another installation. So now I am in the process of getting those files back to remove this error.
I appreciate the help form everyone on this forum!
And thank you for pointing me in the right direction!
Happy Holidays
Marc
Post #1523417
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse