Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Problems with dtsx deployment and UNC paths within dtsx and JOB Step definitions Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, December 4, 2013 8:17 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:17 AM
Hi,

(SqlServer 2008)

I've got strange problems with dtsx deployment and UNC paths within dtsx and JOB Step definitions.

When trying to use the deployment utility:

"Could not copy file "xxxxxx.dtsConfig" to the deployment utility output directory" - someone explained that if you are using the same config file for several packages, the deployment utility tries to copy it with every dtsx and fails. I don't understand - why the heck should I copy the config file with different name for each dtsx when they all need the same info: Server and initial catalog??

This kind of error behavior have not happened to me before even though I have used config files similarly.

UNC paths in Job Step or package config source locations:

After the error above, I quit using the utility and just copied the files to another dir and tried to great JOBs / dtsx package Steps

I can't use UNC path when defining the package source in the JOB Step definitions nor could I use UNC path when defining the location of the config file in dtsx package, why?

Dir \\localhost\ShareName\Dir2\Dir3\Dir4\Dir5\STG_Customer.dtsx works perfectly OK...

Another peculiarity found - UNC paths with Process task batch paths

D:\Data\Solution_Name\CommandFiles\Name_XLS_MoveToHistory.cmd

works fine but

\\localhost\\Data(sharename)\Solution_Name\CommandFiles\Name_XLS_MoveToHistory.cmd

pops the security warning which must be OK'ed with 'Run'. --> JOB Step runs OK but hangs waiting for the 'Run' obviously...

« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse