Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Looking for a Sr. SQL DBA out of SF Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:48 PM
amber.richard (12/2/2013)
Thanks for taking the time to read the requirements. Unfortunately, onsite work is a requirement from our client. If you want to send me your resume (Amber.Richard@staffmark.com), I can do my best to persuade them to bring someone on remotely because their background is so perfect. The least I can do is try.

San Francisco, California is amazing though, just as a side note I went to school in SF and I just love it!

I will send you my resume, but I know I am not perfect, as I said I don't meet the requirements for SSRS. Also, I am pretty sure they don't want to wait until February to bring someone on board locally or remotely.

I do feel that I can accomplish the tasks and duties as you presented them whether I was sitting in their office or working remotely from my home in Colorado Springs.

San Francisco may be an amazing place, but it lacks the really important aspects I am looking for at the moment: family. My oldest daughter and her family are currently in Colorado Springs, my youngest daughter is still high school (sophomore at the moment), my ex-wife with whom I am attempt to reconcile with at this time as well.

I am, unfortunately, going to be unemployed when I redeploy back to the States in early February. My position back in Colorado Springs with my current employer was eliminated during a reduction in force (right-sizing they called it). If I can find a position at home (working remotely or a company in Colorado Springs) that is the ideal solution. If not I will start to expand my search radius to Denver then neighboring states (I would still like to be able to come home for extended weekends and such when possible).

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1519019
Posted Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:41 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:01 PM
It's not always about a perfect fit - more about the right match.

You are correct, though, that the problem may be your start. I'm not sure they would be willing to do remote and wait until February. They're looking for someone as soon as possible.

However, I have enjoyed the exchanges thus far. I'm glad we can get your information into our system. We do work internationally, so this will certainly not be the last SQL DBA our company ever needs.
Post #1519323
Posted Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:05 AM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

amber.richard (12/3/2013)

You are correct, though, that the problem may be your start. I'm not sure they would be willing to do remote and wait until February. They're looking for someone as soon as possible.

However, I have enjoyed the exchanges thus far. I'm glad we can get your information into our system. We do work internationally, so this will certainly not be the last SQL DBA our company ever needs.

I guess it depends on how long it takes to complete the hiring process. I've seen companies where it has taken several months from interview to hire. I have also been offered a position half way through an interview. You never know how they are going to go.

For me, I'm just trying to get a jump start on the search process.

Lynn Pettis

For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables

Post #1519330
Posted Tuesday, December 3, 2013 11:19 AM

SSC-Insane

amber.richard (12/3/2013)

Where internationally?? I would probably be open to a one year contract working overseas.

Lynn Pettis

Post #1519335
Posted Monday, December 16, 2013 2:16 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Hey Lynn! I got back to you in an e-mail but I thought I'd post here. I haven't disappeared off the planet :) This role is no longer available, but I'm still around and happy to chat.

We do work in China/Japan/Australia/France.

Regards,
Amber Richard
Post #1523430
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:22 AM

SSC-Insane

amber.richard (12/16/2013)
Hey Lynn! I got back to you in an e-mail but I thought I'd post here. I haven't disappeared off the planet :) This role is no longer available, but I'm still around and happy to chat.

We do work in China/Japan/Australia/France.

Regards,
Amber Richard

I saw your email and appreciate the feedback. Hmm, Australia.... Wouldn't mind working there for awhile if the money was good.

Things have changed a bit since we last talked. I will NOT be coming home in February having to look for a job, instead it will be for R & R. I will be coming back out to Afghanistan for another 6 months (maybe longer??).

Lynn Pettis

Post #1524227
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:25 AM
Grasshopper

Hello Lynn! That is a pretty big change. I'll keep that in mind :)

And today we started recruiting for a position in Mexico, so apparently we can add that to the list as well
Post #1524229
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:38 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:47 PM
I'd be open to a position in Mexico as I'm already here
Depending on what it is about.

Luis C.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. Stephen Leacock

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1524238
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:53 AM
Grasshopper

Hello Luis,

This is a Supply Chain Management role - not really SQL oriented! But I have a con call today to find out more - perhaps there will be some SQL? Haha!

If you happen to know someone, send them my way, though Amber.Richard@staffmark.com.

Would you be interested in sending me your resume yourself, Luis? I would love to see it!
Post #1524246
Posted Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:35 AM

SSC-Insane

amber.richard (12/18/2013)
Hello Lynn! That is a pretty big change. I'll keep that in mind :)

And today we started recruiting for a position in Mexico, so apparently we can add that to the list as well

Well I will keep you in mind as well as circumstances change. Right now, once I come home from Afghanistan, I will want to stay close to home until my daughter graduates high school. Will give me time to see how thing play out with the ex as well. Things went a surprising direction when I left for Afghanistan back in June.

Where else would I like to work in the world if I had the chance? New Zealand, UK, Ireland, maybe even Iceland.

Lynn Pettis

Post #1524265
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse