Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Content in the Cloud Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, November 23, 2013 11:32 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:31 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item Content in the Cloud

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1517026
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 8:13 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:36 PM
The largest hurdle from my agency (government) would be getting management to sign off on allowing data to be hosted in the "off premise" cloud.

The next issue would be network connectivity. The internal network is fast, moving data from one server to another is happening at GB speeds. Our servers are one network hop from each other. What happens when your database has storage that is 10 hops away?
Post #1517282
Posted Monday, November 25, 2013 9:06 AM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, February 24, 2014 12:23 PM
Steve - are YOU the one who broke Stewie's time machine? How else to explain "been out of town a lot in 2014" if not a time machine?

Post #1517316
Posted Monday, December 02, 2013 8:57 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:31 PM
TMiller 21949 (11/25/2013)
Steve - are YOU the one who broke Stewie's time machine? How else to explain "been out of town a lot in 2014" if not a time machine?

LOL, maybe I was thinking ahead? Predicting the future? Working too hard before a holiday? Eggnog flowing a few days early? We'll never know...

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1518925
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse