Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 27, 2016 3:19 PM
|We are looking for a SQL developer and a backup for myself so I can take a day off every once in awhile. We are not having luck with the recruiters. Please see this job description and pay attention to the items where is says MUST. Those are the area's we are not finding that people know. The job entails taking code from .NET developers and making it run better in a VLDB. I am not going to get into discussion on here but if you PM me we can get your resume and I can work with HR from there.
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
• Must understand and be able to read a Execution Plan.
• Must understand indexing and be able to create and modify indexes as required
• Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention before reaching production.
• Fully Understands SQL Server Execution Plans and the SQL Server Optimizer, Indexes, and Statistics.
• Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance. Helps to document company standards.
• Accepts requirements for stored procedures, triggers, and functions --produces the most efficient code to return the results to the developers.
• Code review and works with developers to make corrections before code reaches production.
• Reviews most resource-intensive queries on the servers and optimizes each.
• Design indexes for existing to support new development of applications before reaching production.
• Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc)
• Understands Database normalization and implements proper database design.
• Develops archiving methods and scripts to remove old data to archiving servers.
• Experience with Very Large Databases.
• Assist business analyst with defining requirements.
• Knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, , DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication to backup production DBA.
• Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
• Experience with SSRS, BI, SQL Replication.
RDBMS Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008R2/2012
LANGUAGES/SCRIPTS T-SQL a plus would be C#, C++, VB, VBScript
TECHNOLOGIES SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, Visual Studio
OPERATING SYSTEMS Windows Server 2003,2008,2012 Enterprise
TOOLS AND UTILITIES Crystal Reports, DTS, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, ,, Team Foundation Server(TFS),SQL Profiler, Database Engine Tuning Advisor, Index Tuning Wizard, Quest Toad, Quest Query Optimizer, Redgate SQL Compare, Quest Backup, DBMoto
I don't always test my SQL scripts, but when I do, I test in Production.