Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS Memory Issues Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 8:22 AM
I have an issue where every couple days my SQL Server throws an alert saying that the memory utilization is past our threshold. When I go in and check it, the SQLServr.exe process is running at its max (which we set within SSMS), but ReportingServicesService.exe is out of control. On a normal day this process can run up to 1.5GB of memory. When we get these alerts, I have seen it up to 10GB of memory, which stresses my server out. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to see what is running to cause this so that I can contact end users to kill whatever the problem may be. I know there are ways to limit the amount of memory that SSRS uses, but I have not implemented that yet because I want to find a root cause first. Any help would be awesome!
Thanks,
Brett
Post #1516803
Posted Tuesday, November 26, 2013 8:49 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:18 PM
Please refer to this great article (near the bottom)
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlcat/archive/2013/10/30/reporting-services-performance-and-optimization.aspx

Post #1517721
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse