Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

RDL File Replication Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 2:17 AM
Is it possible to automatically replicate rdl files across multiple servers? I know the individual files can be manually downloaded and then uploaded in multiple locations but I'd like to know if there is a way of doing it en masse. My boss has said something about it being impossible to replicate rdl files and has tasked me to find out if this is true or not. Can anybody shed any light on this? If you need any more information please ask and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks,
N.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
—Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help
Post #1516735
Posted Thursday, December 5, 2013 12:16 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 26, 2014 1:02 PM
Write your own powershell and schedule it with the Task Scheduler:

http://www.sqlmusings.com/2011/03/28/how-to-download-all-your-ssrs-report-definitions-rdl-files-using-powershell/
Post #1520289
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse