Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Package is not running when set as a job Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:45 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:30 AM
When I set my SSIS package up as a job, I am getting :

Executed as user: RADAC\SC-DEV. Microsoft (R) SQL Server Execute Package Utility Version 10.50.4000.0 for 64-bit Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2010. All rights reserved. Started: 4:30:00 PM Could not load package "\Data Collector\IMP_OTIF" because of error 0xC0014062. Description: The LoadFromSQLServer method has encountered OLE DB error code 0x80040E4D (Login failed for user 'RADAC\SC-DEV'.). The SQL statement that was issued has failed.

So how do I set SSIS up to give the account we use for SQL Server Agent access to run packages?
Post #1516226
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:26 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:29 AM
The message:

Login failed for user 'RADAC\SC-DEV'

gives you a fairly strong clue as to what the problem is, I think. This is not package-related, rather it relates to the SQL instance to which the package is trying to connect.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1516356
Posted Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:55 AM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:30 AM
The account has access to SQL server... I have heard that to run SSIS through a job, the user has to have admin permissions... is this correct?
Post #1516416
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse