Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Package need to run for file movement and delete files and replace files in a package with a scheduled jobs Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 1:00 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, March 25, 2014 11:21 PM
Hi Everyone,

My requirement is i need to run a package everyday ... then the output file generated in one location of the server should be moved (copying / deleting anything is fine) to one folder in other server and it should replace the same name file in the different server for this activity

Please let me know asap
Post #1515748
Posted Tuesday, November 19, 2013 11:35 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 11:49 PM
Let you know ... what?

Can it be done? Yes.

Will we do it for you? No.

Will we help with questions? Yes - though you'll get better responses if you demonstrate that you have at least tried to help yourself first.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1515895
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013 10:51 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

hi

procdure execution and data transfer from one server to another server i can do but how o replace the same name file in the destination sever is my question and need help on that
Post #1516141
Posted Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:51 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Today @ 8:32 AM
Check the File System Task. It has a Move operation and there is an option to overwrite the destination.
Post #1516178
Posted Friday, November 22, 2013 8:17 PM
Grasshopper

Thanks all for your help ..... my issue already been resolved now
Post #1516992
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse