Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Issue with Logshipping Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 31, 2013 12:45 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:04 AM
Can someone help me on this..

For testing,I've configured logshpping on same server (primary and secondary are in same instance)..
LSCOPY job keeps failing saying permission denied..I've given share access to the folder and SQL agent service account is local admin on the server..not sure what other permissions needs to be given..

Error:

Copying log backup files. Primary Server: 'test1', Primary Database: 'Testdb', Backup Source Directory: '\\test1\I$\Logbackup', Backup Destination Directory: 'I:\Secondarylogbackups'
*** Error: Access to the path '\\test1\I$\Logbackup' is denied.(mscorlib) ***
----- END OF TRANSACTION LOG COPY -----
Post #1510385
Posted Thursday, October 31, 2013 10:59 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Friday, May 30, 2014 8:15 AM
'\\test1\I$\Logbackup', does I$ has permission for service account or you have given the path worngly?

is it something like this '\\test1\Logbackup'

Regards
Durai Nagarajan
Post #1510493
Posted Friday, November 1, 2013 7:06 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 8:04 AM
thanks..Path is correct..But when I removed 'I$', it seems to be working..
Service account has Local admin privileges on the server..Do you know why it was showing access denied when I$ was included
Post #1510575
Posted Sunday, November 3, 2013 11:31 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:29 AM
Firstly, don't use administrative shares for file\folder access, create a new share at the appropriate folder level and ensure you set the following for the account the SQL Server agent service runs under

Share permissions
NTFS security permissions

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1510914
Posted Monday, November 4, 2013 12:06 PM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:57 AM
Perry Whittle (11/3/2013)
Firstly, don't use administrative shares for file\folder access, create a new share at the appropriate folder level and ensure you set the following for the account the SQL Server agent service runs under

Share permissions
NTFS security permissions

+1 here... your service account (running SQL Server) does not have rights to utilize the administrative share. As mentioned above, create a new share granting rights to the SS service account.

Kurt

Kurt W. Zimmerman
SR DBA
Lefrak Organization
New York, NY

http://www.linkedin.com/in/kurtwzimmerman
Post #1511234
Posted Tuesday, November 5, 2013 12:14 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 10:29 AM
You must grant share permissions on the share itself and ntfs permissions on the folders\files. Where the 2 combine the most restrictive applies, this is the default when creating a new folder and sharing it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1511378
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse