Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Cannot get the data of the row from the OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:51 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM
I am periodically getting the following message when I attempt to query my linked server:

Cannot get the data of the row from the OLE DB provider "OraOLEDB.Oracle" for linked server

Upon examining my stored procedures, it appears to only happen when a WHERE clause is used, leading me to wonder if there is a problem with the data. What exactly does this error refer to? Where should I begin looking? I realize that I'm not giving much information, but I'm not really sure where to begin looking.
Post #1508170
Posted Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:55 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:17 AM
The problem seems to be resolved by trimming the field used in the WHERE clause, although I'm not sure why. The field is a INT, but when I apply an LTRIM and an RTRIM, the query works. Why would this be the case?
Post #1508173
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse