Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Having problem openning SQL scripts Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 13, 2014 2:21 PM
I have some TSQL scripts which ran successfully a week before and now suddenly when I open these files in SSMS its asking me to choose encoding, I am not sure what to select and If I choose 'Auto- detect' from the dropdown its opening the file but the file is empty ( no code).

When I look at these file sizes it is 256 KB for all the files, not sure what is happening , so cananyone please help me on this as these scripts are very essential for me for a deployment early next week

Post #1506446
Posted Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:16 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Friday, November 21, 2014 1:12 AM
shashi_1409 (10/20/2013)
I have some TSQL scripts which ran successfully a week before and now suddenly when I open these files in SSMS its asking me to choose encoding, I am not sure what to select and If I choose 'Auto- detect' from the dropdown its opening the file but the file is empty ( no code).

When I look at these file sizes it is 256 KB for all the files, not sure what is happening , so cananyone please help me on this as these scripts are very essential for me for a deployment early next week

Have you tried opening your TSQL Scripts in notepad to see if it is view able?

--------------------------------------------------
...0.05 points per day since registration... slowly crawl up to 1 pt per day hopefully
Post #1506450
Posted Sunday, October 20, 2013 4:35 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:47 AM
If those files are on a network share, ask your admin responsibe for that share if a backup from last week is available and if they're able to restore the files in question. If tose files are gone then I think you'll need to rewrite the code.

Lutz
A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

How to get fast answers to your question
How to post performance related questions
Links for Tally Table , Cross Tabs and Dynamic Cross Tabs , Delimited Split Function
Post #1506461
Posted Sunday, October 20, 2013 6:37 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

I have tried openning the file in notepad and it didnt work...any help how to address this issue is greatly appreciated.
Post #1506468
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 5:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, September 1, 2014 12:55 AM
Pls open ur scripts file and see what is showing ur encoding "dropdown".Please make sure it is "ANSI".If not then save the fille with "ANSI" encoding type and they try to open from SSMS.
Post #1506636
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 6:18 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:03 AM
do that files contain INSERT statements ? with N' characters

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1506643
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 9:11 AM
Valued Member

Ramesh, when you said open the files and check encoding , do you mean opening it in notepad and check the encoding( I checked and it is ANSI).

Thanks
Shashi
Post #1506710
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 9:13 AM
Valued Member

Bhuvnesh, It has inserts and update statements in it.

Thanks
Shashi
Post #1506712
Posted Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:27 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:03 AM
shashi_1409 (10/21/2013)
Bhuvnesh, It has inserts and update statements in it.

Thanks
Shashi
so my guess is .. there might be some uni code sitting (international languages..)

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1507031
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse