Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
 
Log in  ::  Register  ::  Not logged in
 
 
 
        
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On


Add to briefcase

SSRS Download into excel changes date format Expand / Collapse
Author
Message
Posted Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:26 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:04 PM
Points: 60, Visits: 62
Hi There,

This is really odd.
If we run a report and display it to the screen dates are correct dd/mm/yyyy. However if we then chose the option to download into excel the resulting column goes American mm/dd/yyyy.
I have checked the langauge settings on the report server and on the internet setting on the report server. Both being English Australia
Our developer has checked the date format on the report and it's correct.
Now to make it stranger. If our developer runs the report in visual studio and then downloads to excel the date formats remain correct.
Any ideas ? Anyone seen anything like this before ?

Thanks
Corinne
Post #1505439
Posted Thursday, October 17, 2013 1:21 AM


Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:23 AM
Points: 3,281, Visits: 3,558
Have you checked the locale on the client PC (where the excel file is being opened)?

-------------------------------
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Smart way to ask a question

There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. ― Carl Sagan
I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx
Post #1505503
Posted Thursday, October 17, 2013 3:42 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:04 PM
Points: 60, Visits: 62
Yes I did check the local PC.
We ended up finding the issue yesterday in the reportserver.config you need to change the CSV formatting as below. Otiginally it was set to False changed it to true and all good now.

<Extension Name="CSV" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.DataRenderer.CsvReport,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataRendering">
<Configuration>
<DeviceInfo>
<ExcelMode>True</ExcelMode>
</DeviceInfo>
</Configuration>
Post #1505935
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse