Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Who done it? Deleting Replication Jobs... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:16 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:34 AM
I have a vendor that keeps deleting my replication job. Before my company will address the issue, I have to proof who done it. I'm 99% sure they used sp_removedbreplication. Any ideas where I can find this information in SQL? I REALLY REALLY want to catch this vendor red handed.
Post #1503855
Posted Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:27 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:36 AM
This would be BLIND shot... but see who logged in just before the replication started getting failed.but SEE ... there are 100 % chances that the login who deleted the job could have logged in a long time ago.

-------Bhuvnesh----------
I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done
Post #1504853
Posted Monday, October 21, 2013 3:47 AM This worked for the OP Answer marked as solution
SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:18 AM
If you are doing this type of forensics, then IMHO this justifies changing a system stored procedure for the duration of the investigation.

Look at the source of sp_removedbreplication and add code that will log the connection details of who uses it into a table.

Remember to revert back to the standard MS code when you have finished...

Original author: SQL Server FineBuild 1-click install and best practice configuration of SQL Server 2014, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008 and 2005. 18 October 2014: now over 31,000 downloads.
Disclaimer: All information provided is a personal opinion that may not match reality.
Concept: "Pizza Apartheid" - the discrimination that separates those who earn enough in one day to buy a pizza if they want one, from those who can not.
Post #1506596
Posted Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:58 PM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Friday, August 22, 2014 8:34 AM
I was able to track down the cause of the replication job disappearing. The development team was dropping and recreating the database from a previous backup that did not have the replication switch applied. This caused a mess with Replications.

However, I did modify the system stored procedure in our dev environment to log who done it.
Post #1545121
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse