Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Reporting Dashboard Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 11:00 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 6:52 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking for a third party reporting dashboard software. I've never looked into something like this so I don't even know where to start to be honest. Can someone please recommend a few good packages to start with, something that won't be terrible expensive?
Post #1503703
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 12:30 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 3:48 AM
Take a look at Qlikview and Tableau.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1503736
Posted Thursday, October 10, 2013 4:35 PM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, July 21, 2014 6:52 PM
Tableau looks pretty nice, but it also looks like it mostly works with cube, or at least it would seem that way with dimensions and facts. Also, I do not see ability to use SSRS built reports with their own parameters. That's pretty important to us. We already have a lot of KPIs and graphical reports with selectable parameters, and we would like to keep using those. I'm trying to create a better way of viewing them rather than having to call them from Report Server every time.
Post #1503823
Posted Friday, October 11, 2013 12:30 AM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Today @ 3:48 AM
DVSQL (10/10/2013)
Tableau looks pretty nice, but it also looks like it mostly works with cube, or at least it would seem that way with dimensions and facts. Also, I do not see ability to use SSRS built reports with their own parameters. That's pretty important to us. We already have a lot of KPIs and graphical reports with selectable parameters, and we would like to keep using those. I'm trying to create a better way of viewing them rather than having to call them from Report Server every time.

Check out PerformancePoint (SharePoint dashboard solution). You can reuse your SSRS reports there if I'm not mistaken.

How to post forum questions.
Need an answer? No, you need a question.
What’s the deal with Excel & SSIS?

Member of LinkedIn. My blog at LessThanDot.

MCSA SQL Server 2012 - MCSE Business Intelligence
Post #1503878
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse