Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Cumulative total column wise Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, September 06, 2013 10:55 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 06, 2013 12:09 PM
Thanks Sean. and I agree to what you said as its important to make people understand what i am trying to communicate.

With the issue, I think i have used what David have suggested directly in the SP but have not yet tested in Live so not sure how will it behave in terms of performance.

Have a good weekend.

Next time when I post issue or suggestion or anything, will definitely take this into account.

Cheers

Meghna

Post #1492345
Posted Friday, September 06, 2013 12:07 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:24 PM
meghna.bhargav (9/6/2013)
Thanks Sean. and I agree to what you said as its important to make people understand what i am trying to communicate.

With the issue, I think i have used what David have suggested directly in the SP but have not yet tested in Live so not sure how will it behave in terms of performance.

Have a good weekend.

Next time when I post issue or suggestion or anything, will definitely take this into account.

Cheers

Meghna

You are quite welcome. The query could get kind a bit lengthy but the performance shouldn't be an issue. If you have a chance, post and back and let us know how it goes when you do get it live. It is nice to hear how our suggestions work on other systems.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1492355
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse