Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

Change SQL Data Root Directory Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 7:48 AM
Placing system dbs on C is not too dramatic as the boot drive it will always be online while the server is up. Obviously tempdb and distribution db should be separated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs"
Post #1488871
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:36 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:25 PM
Well I may have just caught a break. Thanks for your quick responses guys but there probably isn't a point in copying and pasting all the errors now. I was told that only a couple servers need to have their system databases moved, and none of them actually host any data yet. They are all brand new installs, so far it's been quicker and cleaner to just remove SQL and install it all over again with the correct data paths listed.

I thought I was going to have to change about 10 servers that all had been updated with server packs and the systems guys where going to have to reinstall them all. It looks like I notified them in time so they where able to change their install plan for the majority of the servers. Thanks again guys, and yeah I was freaking out a bit.
Post #1488873
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 11:38 AM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Thursday, September 18, 2014 10:38 PM
Well that is good news, however if you post the errors the people willing to help just might be able to help you through the situation...so in the future should you ever need to do something like this again, you will be better prepared?

Post #1488874
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse