Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

log shipping, database already restored. Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, October 7, 2013 4:29 PM
I am doing log shipping from server A to Server B. I have already restored the database (adventrueworks) on server B (from taking backup from server A)
My question is should I put the database on server B on norecovery mode and start log shipping OR should I delete database on Server B and start Log shipping all over again???
What is the procedures if server A and serve B have the same database (server B database is restored from server A database backup)
Any suggestions???
Post #1488520
Posted Monday, August 26, 2013 10:29 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:18 PM
Yes the database on ServerB should be in NORECOVERY, you can select "the secondary db is already initialized" in the wizard.

Steps here
http://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2301/step-by-step-sql-server-log-shipping/
Post #1488545
Posted Tuesday, August 27, 2013 8:09 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 11:23 AM
You can't put a database in norecovery. You have to restore it WITH NORECOVERY (or WITH STANDBY).

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1488796
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse