Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Cool Projects Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:33 AM
fificito (8/23/2013)
Cool project! I've always been intrigued about using Visio to visualize data from SQL Server...

It's not terribly difficult, as Visio can be linked to a number of data sources (it was originally designed for visualizing data in Excel). Google VisioGuy for a look at what Visio can do - and it's a LOT more than you're thinking. I've seen some rather amazing stuff.

If you really want to make Visio sing, delve into the ShapeSheet. Anybody who has programmed an Excel spreadsheet will pick it up in no time. The tricky part is there are a lot of properties and different objects can have different properties and knowing what does what takes some research and practice.

Post #1487815
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 7:25 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:15 PM
milzs (8/23/2013)
My project is a client/server .NET application that supports electronic warfare (EW) mission data for US Air Force combat aircraft, particularly the F-22 Raptor and F-35 Joint Strike Fighter.

Very cool

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1487822
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 7:27 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, June 12, 2014 2:56 PM
I am working on a tool, that does some pretty heavy number crunching, too help managers decide if it’s cheaper to repair or replace sludge pumps.
I work at a Wastewater Treatment Plant and they can wear out quickly.
Post #1487824
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 8:00 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:08 AM
We work in (don't yell) Real Estate - we are using GIS functions to compare what county, city and zip that a realtor claims a listing is in and send them a notice to fix the listing if they don't want to be fined.
Post #1487832
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 9:13 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:20 AM
I work for a manufacturer of automobile parts (specifically brakes and master cylinders) and am currently implementing a SQL Server based machine data collection system that will feed multiple business systems ---
barcode labeling of shipping containers
production completion recording in ERP/inventory systems
OEE
lot tracking

I am learning a lot as I go...never a dull moment.
Post #1487872
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 9:28 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
That's cool. I worked in real estate before.

And as for my earlier comment, it was just clearly too early.
Post #1487878
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 9:55 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:20 AM
I've rolled out a refactor of our wind tunnel metrics database system, which was partitioned tables with row compression and is now partitioned views across separate databases with page compression. This makes it considerably easier to move data from live to archive (was scary sliding partitions!) and reduces the backup considerably (as the data is essentially a heap, no need to daily backup the old databases every day). The data is created at a remote site on the WAN and is replicated back to HQ live in seconds, billions of rows of data in a year. Also got a performance boost as part of the deal - which was an unexpected bonus. The system is used to design the car for an F1 team.
Post #1487904
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 9:56 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:33 PM
Peter Schott (8/23/2013)
Personally - we're prepping for a newborn within the month. That has led to painting, purchasing, and fixing stuff around the house as we get ready. Not necessarily cool in the things I'm doing, but excited about the reason behind those projects. :)

Now, that's an awesome project!
Post #1487905
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 11:14 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:27 PM
I don't know if this qualifies, but I have just launched a website where you can generate railroad diagrams from the grammar in the Transact-SQL Reference. The resulting diagrams look this:

Please check it out at http://translator.colindaley.com.
Post #1487943
Posted Friday, August 23, 2013 2:21 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Monday, August 11, 2014 10:22 AM
>>Please check it out at http://translator.colindaley.com

Is down
Post #1488015
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««1234»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse