Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

stopping DTS package run Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, August 7, 2013 10:12 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:22 PM
SQL2000
How does one stop a "run-away" DTS package? The developer had ran the package from Designer (right click on package, and execute package). The package has been running for 18 hours++ and the developer had closed his designer without stopping the package execution.

I have a job that checks for msdb..sysdtspackagelog for endtime and emails me for "unfinished" dts package. So that particular dts has no end time.

I have ran select * from sysprocesses and kills everything with that developer's name. I can also update the sysdtspackagelog to stop the emails.

Question:
1) How does one stop a run-away dts package (aside from stopping it from the designer)?
2) From my steps above, is it safe to assume that the dts package is no longer running?
Post #1481956
Posted Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:56 AM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:23 PM
Identify the SPID and kill it.

May be you can check these 2 tables msdb.dbo.sysdtspackagelog and msdb.dbo.sysdtssteplog for the status.

--
SQLBuddy
Post #1550368
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse