Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12

getting duplicate rows when adding a new join Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:18 PM
yesa
Post #1479664
Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:23 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 8:28 AM
mister.magoo (7/31/2013)
mcummings (7/31/2013)
adding sorels.fpartno = aritem.fpart cuts it down from 3075 to 1204
but there's no fitem in sorels

As I said, WE are guessing - you shouldn't be .

If you don't understand how those tables are related, you should not be changing anything until you learnt the relationships.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you are being paid to do this, you should learn not guess.

+1

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1479668
Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:39 PM
SSC Rookie

SSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC RookieSSC Rookie

Last Login: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:10 AM
What ever happened to civility? Is everyone born with equal knowledge and experience? No, it is gained day by day. We should be more courteous toward someone who is asking for help......
Post #1479670
Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:44 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:48 AM
SSNinja (7/31/2013)
What ever happened to civility? Is everyone born with equal knowledge and experience? No, it is gained day by day. We should be more courteous toward someone who is asking for help......

#1 - We tried to help.

#2 - We don't know the data and how the tables are related so we don't know what is wrong.

#3 - We're not the ones getting paid to do this.

We tried!

Alvin Ramard
Memphis PASS Chapter

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.
Post #1479672
Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:19 PM

Hall of Fame

Hall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of FameHall of Fame

Last Login: Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 AM
SSNinja (7/31/2013)
... says the one that has not posted a single "courteous" hint

Author of Understanding Database Administration available at Amazon and other bookstores.

Disclaimer: Advice is provided to the best of my knowledge but no implicit or explicit warranties are provided. Since the advisor explicitly encourages testing any and all suggestions on a test non-production environment advisor should not held liable or responsible for any actions taken based on the given advice.
Post #1479686
Posted Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:25 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 8:28 AM
SSNinja (7/31/2013)

No comment previous to this was uncivil. It is a fair assessment of the situation. If the OP doesn't provide adequate details and doesn't know their own system - how can they expect us to guess correctly at the solution?

Jason AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
I have given a name to my pain...
MCM SQL Server

SQL RNNR

Posting Performance Based Questions - Gail Shaw
Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden
Hidden RBAR - Jeff Moden
VLFs and the Tran Log - Kimberly Tripp
Post #1479691
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12

Permissions Expand / Collapse