Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Discrepancy between recent activity and transaction log file Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 2:22 PM
Hello --

I am monitoring our database server using dbWarden and ApexSQL log viewer. The dbWarden utility reported activity within the past twenty-four hours to a particular database's mdf and ldf files. I opened the latter application to investigate. When I opened ApexSQL viewer, without any filters, the last entry that was displayed was from the July 9 date. Hence there is a discrepancy of ten days between what was supposedly written last night, and what was recorded to the database.

To add to the confusion, I checked the directory where the ldf file is located, and according to the details of the file, the last modification date was the July 3 date.

What would cause the discrepancy that I described, and what can I do to correct it?

Thanks.
Post #1475456
Posted Friday, July 19, 2013 7:33 AM

SSC-Forever

SSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-ForeverSSC-Forever

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:52 AM
The OS time stamps on database files are meaningless.

Not familiar with either tool, so all I can guess is they're showing you different things.

Gail Shaw
Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008, MVP
SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
We stand on the bridge and no one may pass

Post #1475481
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse