Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider not registered on local Machine Expand / Collapse
Author
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, October 22, 2013 2:21 PM

My source file was created in Excel 2007, so i had to install ACE drivers on server (I did it before in windows server 2003 but never had any issues), but now after installing ACE drivers i m getting following message when i debug the SSIS

The Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 provider is not registered on the local Machine

Retry using same user Id and password
Retry using new user Id and password

I installed ACE driver on windows server 2008

Post #1471018
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:53 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:49 PM
Where are you executing the package?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1471037
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:51 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

I am executing package from the server where ACE drivers are installed

Post #1471043
Posted Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:57 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 11:49 PM
Not sure, but this may be a 32/64-bit issue. Can you try running the package in 32-bit mode and see whether that helps?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1471044
Posted Monday, July 8, 2013 8:04 AM
Valued Member

Ran package under 32 bit mode, didn't work....Any other suggestions???
Post #1471206
Posted Monday, July 8, 2013 8:43 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Today @ 4:06 PM
From the reading I've done, there are a number of different scenarios that can lead to this message. I've found the following article to be helpful: MSDN Social: HOW TO: FIX ERROR - "the 'microsoft.ace.oledb.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. It may or may not be helpful for your situation. The author addresses one approach to fixing the error. Several other approaches are discussed in the lengthy comments section.
Post #1471228
Posted Wednesday, July 10, 2013 3:56 AM

SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Wednesday, April 23, 2014 7:31 AM
see if this link helps you - Microsoft OLE DB 12.0 Provider Not Registered

Post #1472033
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse