Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase «««1112131415»»»

A New Look Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy Eights

SSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy EightsSSCrazy Eights

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Yesterday @ 2:08 PM
Toreador (7/25/2013)
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/SQLServerCentral/100393 requested that comments be made in this discussion.

So it did. I'd forgotten that.

Tom
Post #1477671
Posted Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:54 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:08 AM
A couple of more suggestions to have your voice heard..

There is a link on the SQLServerCentral home page for a user survey. The survey has a "what can we do to make the site better" field.

Steve Jones has a twitter account. A couple of tweets might make some noise. https://twitter.com/way0utwest

Anton

Post #1477685
Posted Friday, July 26, 2013 12:05 AM
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:37 AM
I have send a tweet to Steve and a mail to webmaster with the link of this thread, maybe will have some reaction...
Post #1477868
Posted Sunday, July 28, 2013 9:06 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:14 PM
Hooray! The "old look" is back!

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1478435
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 2:07 AM
SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Friday, August 29, 2014 10:20 AM
Jeff Moden (7/28/2013)

I get the same narrow strip of text, only it's now left justified, and the right 2/3 of the screen is blank. Except for the 'featured script', which doesn't seem to be wrapped and has a line that extends across most of the screen
Post #1478465
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 3:54 AM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Saturday, September 13, 2014 4:06 AM
Toreador (7/29/2013)
Jeff Moden (7/28/2013)

I get the same narrow strip of text, only it's now left justified, and the right 2/3 of the screen is blank. Except for the 'featured script', which doesn't seem to be wrapped and has a line that extends across most of the screen

Sounds like they're developing a fix on the live system
Post #1478507
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 4:02 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:42 AM
Jeff Moden (7/28/2013)

Just a part of the "old look" is back. Only the links to "Featured Contents" and "Featured Script".
Still missing the answer to the "yesterday's question of the day".
And, of course, the normal width of the column.

Post #1478511
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 7:44 AM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Yesterday @ 8:14 PM
I just took a look at the home page for the first time this morning. Why in the hell do people think that change is always for the better? The old article icons where classy and rich looking and they've now been replaced with monochromatic junk.

If you want to spend some time in real improvements, make it so the formatting icons at the top of the Post Reply windows actually work instead of having to resort to IFCode Shortcuts. Make it so that you can use graphics in replies much easier. Add some more icons to replace the IFCode Shortcuts hint on the left side so that you can use it for reply space instead of wasted space. And make it easier to upload graphics for the "Write for us" article-creation tool. For example, you COULD make it so that it would automatically upload the graphics in the right places and automatically create the code windows from a Word "paste".

Stop messing with the look. I don't mean for it to be nasty but whomever is trying to design a new look just isn't very good at it. Improve the operation, instead. And, maybe you should ask some of the heavy hitters what they'd like to see for Post Reply functionality before you get started.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1478591
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 6:10 PM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:00 PM
I don't mean for it to be nasty but whomever is trying to design a new look just isn't very good at it.

+1
Post #1478784
Posted Monday, July 29, 2013 9:25 PM

SSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
My apologies for not chiming in more in this.

The reaction the first day was overwhelming, and I had some other items to tackle.

We are debating things, but I've been out of the office and buried in a few projects, but we will look to make a few changes and over the next week.

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1478806
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase «««1112131415»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse