Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

BIDS not loading data - SSIS Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, August 25, 2014 5:05 AM
Hi Friends,

i am just trying to load 100,000 recrods into a table. But i have a weird situation where my data is not loading. data flow starts to load but then i don't know what is going on..it seems like got stuck....i waited for more than 30 minutes but it is not loading the data. i even checked for the table lock against the respective database but got nothing. Please help me, friedns. I have attached a screen shot.

Post Attachments 
error.PNG (13 views, 17.94 KB)
Post #1462650
Posted Wednesday, June 12, 2013 11:47 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 2:05 PM
have you looked on the progress tab for the 'red and white bubbles' that show errors? When things get stuck like that, and do not turn red, there are often sneaky errors posted that you would not otherwise find.
Post #1462758
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 4:37 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

herladygeekedness (6/12/2013)
have you looked on the progress tab for the 'red and white bubbles' that show errors? When things get stuck like that, and do not turn red, there are often sneaky errors posted that you would not otherwise find.

No...I checked but i don't get any error over there...i have attached a screen shotfor your reference....
could you please suggest me what else i have to verify? this thing sucks me more...

Post Attachments 
error.PNG (13 views, 72.03 KB)
Post #1463469
Posted Friday, June 14, 2013 10:28 AM
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Friday, June 27, 2014 2:05 PM
It looks like an error occurred simply because I see an On Error task firing.

take a look at the Event Handler tab to see what might be lurking under On Error. Maybe that piece is flawed?

I don't make a lot of use of Event Handlers aside from rudimentary logging but maybe if you remove the On Error event handler you will be able to let it break and see what the error really is?

Do check for nulls in your data flow in case it's something like integrity constraint violation as it does appear that No records were written.

Agree, SSIS can be extremely frustrating.
Post #1463674
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013 5:48 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 12:01 PM
It could be because of buffer size issue. Trying loading only 20000 rows at a time and repeat this step for five times using for loop container.
Post #1468097
Posted Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:31 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

It was one of the event handler....it caused the problem....it is now fixed.... Thank you Herald....

you made me to remember that i am using event handler....
Post #1468146
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse