Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

please help Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:17 AM
Hi,

For the past few days I have been applying to the jobs posted on SSC. But I am not getting a single call from the employer. The job description and my experience both match ( if not 100% more than 85%). Is there anything wrong on the way I apply for this posts. Kindly help.

p.s :- i am on H1-B visa
Post #1461699
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 12:16 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:13 PM
arun1_m1 (6/10/2013)
Hi,

For the past few days I have been applying to the jobs posted on SSC. But I am not getting a single call from the employer. The job description and my experience both match ( if not 100% more than 85%). Is there anything wrong on the way I apply for this posts. Kindly help.

p.s :- i am on H1-B visa

I doubt that any of the jobs you are seeing posted on SSC are current. Where are you finding these job listings?

I would look at finding a good recruiter in your area. They have their fingers on the pulse of the job market. Of course they don't always find you the most relevant positions to start with but the decent ones have enough technical knowledge that they can usually do a pretty decent job.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1461701
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 12:20 PM
SSC Eights!

SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!SSC Eights!

Last Login: Thursday, July 17, 2014 8:17 AM
On the SQL Jobs links.. I am open for any location.
Post #1461705
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 12:25 PM

SSChampion

SSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampionSSChampion

Last Login: Yesterday @ 3:13 PM
That's funny....until now I never even noticed there is a jobs link. I would still recommend finding a local recruiter and scouring the newspaper and other online job sites.

Need help? Help us help you.

Read the article at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537/ for best practices on asking questions.

Need to split a string? Try Jeff Moden's splitter.

Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 1 – Converting Rows to Columns
Cross Tabs and Pivots, Part 2 - Dynamic Cross Tabs
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 1)
Understanding and Using APPLY (Part 2)
Post #1461709
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 12:54 PM

SSC-Insane

SSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-InsaneSSC-Insane

Last Login: Today @ 2:08 PM
You also need to remember that these employers are getting hundreds, if not more, resumes for the positions they post. Just because you feel you are a close match to their requirements doesn't mean that you will automatically get a call from them. When I was job hunting I didn't get calls from every company to which I applied. It is just the nature of the job hunt.

Also, in some cases when I did get a call, it was weeks after I had applied (sometimes longer).

Lynn Pettis

For better assistance in answering your questions, click here
For tips to get better help with Performance Problems, click here
For Running Totals and its variations, click here or when working with partitioned tables
For more about Tally Tables, click here
For more about Cross Tabs and Pivots, click here and here
Managing Transaction Logs

SQL Musings from the Desert Fountain Valley SQL (My Mirror Blog)
Post #1461725
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 4:20 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 2:17 PM
arun1_m1 (6/10/2013)
Hi,

For the past few days...

Past few "days"??? BWAAA-HAAAA!!!!! Welcome to America where a whole lot of people have had the same problem for the past few years.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1461797
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse