Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to Execute Steps of SSIS Package ? Option Gone Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:43 PM
I built a SSIS package last week, and could manually execute each step manually, stop debug, execute the next step.

But now that I logged off, and back on and reopen the package through BIDS, the "Execute" option is not there when I right click each step. What am I missing ?

Post #1461685
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 11:44 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:52 PM
Is your package part of a solution? You need to open the solution, not just the package.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1461688
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 11:50 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:43 PM
Good question .... not part of a solution that I know of .... (But I am part of the problem it seems

Do I need to save it as part of a solution in this case ?

Usually I just have small packages that I import into msdb and run from there, but in this case I want to test each step 1 at a time.) I suppose I don't really understand the "project/solution" concept.

Perhaps it was part of the generic Solution_! that was on the server. I just deleted it, and creted a project with a name similar to my SSIS package. So I now can go to "Open" -> and see projuect/solution with the new name.

Edit: Enough stumbling around with my mouse and I have somehow managed to get so that I can run the individual tasks within the "package\solution\project\problem"

Post #1461691
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 1:25 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:52 PM
homebrew01 (6/10/2013)
Good question .... not part of a solution that I know of .... (But I am part of the problem it seems

Do I need to save it as part of a solution in this case ?

Usually I just have small packages that I import into msdb and run from there, but in this case I want to test each step 1 at a time.) I suppose I don't really understand the "project/solution" concept.

Perhaps it was part of the generic Solution_! that was on the server. I just deleted it, and creted a project with a name similar to my SSIS package. So I now can go to "Open" -> and see projuect/solution with the new name.

Edit: Enough stumbling around with my mouse and I have somehow managed to get so that I can run the individual tasks within the "package\solution\project\problem"

glad you figured it out.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1461746
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse