Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How to Execute Steps of SSIS Package ? Option Gone Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:10 PM
I built a SSIS package last week, and could manually execute each step manually, stop debug, execute the next step.

But now that I logged off, and back on and reopen the package through BIDS, the "Execute" option is not there when I right click each step. What am I missing ?

Post #1461685
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 11:44 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:50 AM
Is your package part of a solution? You need to open the solution, not just the package.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1461688
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 11:50 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Saturday, July 26, 2014 8:10 PM
Good question .... not part of a solution that I know of .... (But I am part of the problem it seems

Do I need to save it as part of a solution in this case ?

Usually I just have small packages that I import into msdb and run from there, but in this case I want to test each step 1 at a time.) I suppose I don't really understand the "project/solution" concept.

Perhaps it was part of the generic Solution_! that was on the server. I just deleted it, and creted a project with a name similar to my SSIS package. So I now can go to "Open" -> and see projuect/solution with the new name.

Edit: Enough stumbling around with my mouse and I have somehow managed to get so that I can run the individual tasks within the "package\solution\project\problem"

Post #1461691
Posted Monday, June 10, 2013 1:25 PM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 1:50 AM
homebrew01 (6/10/2013)
Good question .... not part of a solution that I know of .... (But I am part of the problem it seems

Do I need to save it as part of a solution in this case ?

Usually I just have small packages that I import into msdb and run from there, but in this case I want to test each step 1 at a time.) I suppose I don't really understand the "project/solution" concept.

Perhaps it was part of the generic Solution_! that was on the server. I just deleted it, and creted a project with a name similar to my SSIS package. So I now can go to "Open" -> and see projuect/solution with the new name.

Edit: Enough stumbling around with my mouse and I have somehow managed to get so that I can run the individual tasks within the "package\solution\project\problem"

glad you figured it out.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1461746
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse