Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

Execute Individual Tasks Without Debugging ? Expand / Collapse
Author

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 12:24 PM
I'm building a SSIS package with various steps to import CSV files, upload to temp tables, update, copy to other tables etc.

I want to step through the package and execute 1 task at a time and verify it worked correctly. I can execute the task, but it seems to put it into debug mode and I have to stop debugging after each task runs before I can execute the next task.

I don't care about debugging. Can I stop debugging from getting started so I can just run each task manually, check results, run the next task etc ... ?

Post #1459380
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 10:38 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:31 AM
You can right-click on a task and select 'Execute Task' - is that what you're after?

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1459384
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 10:46 AM

SSCrazy

That is what I do. Then it goes yellow as it runs, and I hope green when it completes. But I cannot right click/execute the next task without first going up to the debug menu option and selecting "stop debugging", even though I never (intentionally) started debugging.

Is there a debug default option I can turn off ?

Post #1459392
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 10:53 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 8:31 AM
homebrew01 (6/3/2013)
That is what I do. Then it goes yellow as it runs, and I hope green when it completes. But I cannot right click/execute the next task without first going up to the menu bar and selecting "stop debugging", even though I never (intentionally) started debugging.

Ah, OK - I see your point.

I think that you are tacitly assumed to be 'debugging' just because you are running the package interactively from VS - as far as I know, there is no way of turning that off. Would be a useful setting though.

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1459393
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 11:34 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:15 AM
I am not sure how much this will help but individual task can be run from a package. You have to use Expression between tasks. A look in this article might help you but this is a slightly different approach.

SSIS: How to run specific task of SSIS package programmatically from windows/web application?

Vikash Kumar Singh || www.singhvikash.in
Post #1459407
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 11:34 AM

SSCrazy

If I have 10 tasks in my package, can I select & run the first 6 all together ?
Then I can check output before running the next 4.

Post #1459408
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 11:43 AM
SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:15 AM

Yes, there is two way.

1. You can Disable the last 4 task and running the package to see the output of first 6 task.
2. If you want to run the package through web/windows program you have to customized the first 6 task expression in a way that they runs first.

Vikash Kumar Singh || www.singhvikash.in
Post #1459411
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse