Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

The Bicentennial Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 3:11 PM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Bicentennial

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1458554
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 4:47 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:29 AM
Steve, I'll be attending tomorrow as well. Ive been looking forward to this event for a while now. The SQL Saturday events I have attended have all been great expieriences both for learning and networking. Thanks to you and Andy for getting the ball rolling.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Luke.

To help us help you read this

For better help with performance problems please read this
Post #1458597
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 5:18 AM

SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Monday, December 15, 2014 11:18 PM
Good luck and thanks for starting these off.

I am attending SQLSaturday in Edinburgh on the 8th of June
Post #1458609
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 6:57 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Today @ 2:15 AM
Bicentennial? A bit older than I would have expected

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt. (Mark Twain)
Post #1458652
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 7:31 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:21 AM
I was at SQL Saturday here in Atlanta a couple weekends back, and it was great. Steve Busby gave a presentation on SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse, which I found very interesting. In the demo, he was running an aggregate query that performed a table scan across 240 billion rows in one second.
Also, the previous Friday, I attended Adam Machanic's full-day session on parallelism and performance and would highly reccomend it.
Post #1458677
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 8:37 AM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:21 AM
Phil Parkin (5/31/2013)
Bicentennial? A bit older than I would have expected

Yes, the first SQL Saturday took place in Cambridge in May 1813, where a young Charles Babbage demonstrated a prototype of his new difference engine running SQL Server v1.0.
Post #1458729
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 12:19 PM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: Yesterday @ 6:08 AM
I attended my first in Detroit a few months back and it was great.

Second for me is Columbus on 6/8 - I'm looking forward to it.
Post #1458832
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 4:14 PM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:30 AM
I went to the one in Redmond a couple of weeks back. I enjoyed it, especially learning more about HDInsight. As an old time programmer (TRS-80 with a cassette tape) I was tickled that the circle is now complete. Big data is just the same as ancient data.
Post #1458895
Posted Monday, June 3, 2013 12:26 PM

SSChasing Mays

SSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing MaysSSChasing Mays

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:00 PM
Eric M Russell (5/31/2013)
I was at SQL Saturday here in Atlanta a couple weekends back, and it was great. Steve Busby gave a presentation on SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse, which I found very interesting. In the demo, he was running an aggregate query that performed a table scan across 240 billion rows in one second.
Also, the previous Friday, I attended Adam Machanic's full-day session on parallelism and performance and would highly reccomend it.

I was there as well. They said it was the largest turnout ever for a SQLSaturday event. Great experience in a very nice venue also.

Tony
------------------------------------
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Post #1459428
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse