Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

The Bicentennial Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:24 AM
Comments posted to this topic are about the item The Bicentennial

Follow me on Twitter: @way0utwest

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help
Post #1458554
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 4:47 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, April 07, 2014 4:50 PM
Steve, I'll be attending tomorrow as well. Ive been looking forward to this event for a while now. The SQL Saturday events I have attended have all been great expieriences both for learning and networking. Thanks to you and Andy for getting the ball rolling.

I look forward to seeing you there.

Luke.

To help us help you read this

For better help with performance problems please read this
Post #1458597
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 5:18 AM

SSC Journeyman

SSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC JourneymanSSC Journeyman

Last Login: Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:28 AM
Good luck and thanks for starting these off.

I am attending SQLSaturday in Edinburgh on the 8th of June
Post #1458609
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 6:57 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:24 PM
Bicentennial? A bit older than I would have expected

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1458652
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 7:31 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:40 PM
I was at SQL Saturday here in Atlanta a couple weekends back, and it was great. Steve Busby gave a presentation on SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse, which I found very interesting. In the demo, he was running an aggregate query that performed a table scan across 240 billion rows in one second.
Also, the previous Friday, I attended Adam Machanic's full-day session on parallelism and performance and would highly reccomend it.

"Winter Is Coming" - April 6, 2014
Post #1458677
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 8:37 AM

UDP Broadcaster

UDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP BroadcasterUDP Broadcaster

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 12:40 PM
Phil Parkin (5/31/2013)
Bicentennial? A bit older than I would have expected

Yes, the first SQL Saturday took place in Cambridge in May 1813, where a young Charles Babbage demonstrated a prototype of his new difference engine running SQL Server v1.0.

"Winter Is Coming" - April 6, 2014
Post #1458729
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 12:19 PM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:58 AM
I attended my first in Detroit a few months back and it was great.

Second for me is Columbus on 6/8 - I'm looking forward to it.
Post #1458832
Posted Friday, May 31, 2013 4:14 PM
Old Hand

Old HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld HandOld Hand

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:44 PM
I went to the one in Redmond a couple of weeks back. I enjoyed it, especially learning more about HDInsight. As an old time programmer (TRS-80 with a cassette tape) I was tickled that the circle is now complete. Big data is just the same as ancient data.
Post #1458895
Posted Monday, June 03, 2013 12:26 PM

Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Friday, April 11, 2014 7:54 AM
Eric M Russell (5/31/2013)
I was at SQL Saturday here in Atlanta a couple weekends back, and it was great. Steve Busby gave a presentation on SQL Server Parallel Data Warehouse, which I found very interesting. In the demo, he was running an aggregate query that performed a table scan across 240 billion rows in one second.
Also, the previous Friday, I attended Adam Machanic's full-day session on parallelism and performance and would highly reccomend it.

I was there as well. They said it was the largest turnout ever for a SQLSaturday event. Great experience in a very nice venue also.

Tony
------------------------------------
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Post #1459428
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse