Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

high processor usage Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:07 AM
Hi
Any help on this one ? We have this morning had a processor on one of servers constantly being pegged at 100% for a few minutes then varying between 80% and 100% for the last few hours.
It seems to have subsided now.
I did check all the usual suspects during the time ie replcation, open transactions, blocking - all of which seemed fine.
Any ideas on what i can check either now or in the future should this happen again - i think the boss was looking for answers but i couldnt give any
BTW we run our server in the cloud - was just wondering if we need to contact our 3rd party provider to see if any issues from their end ?
Post #1453425
Posted Thursday, May 16, 2013 9:28 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: Today @ 9:07 AM
solution discovered ! - Our instances where being moved to another VM and they didnt tell me !!!
Post #1453630
Posted Thursday, May 16, 2013 12:43 PM

SSC-Dedicated

SSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-DedicatedSSC-Dedicated

Last Login: Today @ 8:14 PM
PearlJammer1 (5/16/2013)
solution discovered ! - Our instances where being moved to another VM and they didnt tell me !!!

It sounds like it's time to take those boys out for a nice porkchop dinner. That's were you take them to a nice clean warehouse, tie them to chairs, and while you're having a nice conversation about the importance of thoughtful and timely communications, you feed them a nice porkchop dinner... at point blank range with a 3 band "wrist rocket" slingshot to make sure they're paying attention. "Bone in", of course.

--Jeff Moden
"RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for "Row-By-Agonizing-Row".

First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
Stop thinking about what you want to do to a row... think, instead, of what you want to do to a column."

(play on words) "Just because you CAN do something in T-SQL, doesn't mean you SHOULDN'T." --22 Aug 2013

Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to post performance problems
Post #1453737
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse