Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSRS report deadlock Expand / Collapse
Author
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 9:06 AM
This only seems to happen when the server is busy; I run an SSRS report and it returns:

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
o Cannot read the next data row for the dataset dsCustomerList. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)
 For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

So I talk with IT, they enable remote errors and when I run the SSRS report again, I get the error:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Cannot read the next data row for the dataset dsCustomerList. (rsErrorReadingNextDataRow)
Transaction (Process ID 283) was deadlocked on lock | communication buffer resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.

I can run the exact same SQL query the report uses in SSMS and the query comes back in 20-45 seconds. Am I wrong in thinking that this is a SSRS problem and not in the query?

Is this a SSRS problem? or a DB problem? Do I need to look into DB deadlocks?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Post #1449845
Posted Tuesday, May 7, 2013 12:55 PM
Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Today @ 9:06 AM
Turns out the problem was in the db and I was able to recreate the blocking/deadlock with the query in SSMS (though it happened far less than when run through SSRS). A little tuning seems to fixed the issue.

Rob
Post #1450302
Posted Monday, May 13, 2013 10:14 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Monday, July 28, 2014 10:42 AM
Wow, I must be the only one with this problem. With in-line T-SQL the SSRS report runs in 30 seconds but the report with same SQL in a Stored Proc has deadlocks which max out the processors and run in more than 5 minutes.

Why does SSRS have deadlocks with no other reports running?
Post #1452202
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse