Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Timestamps Expand / Collapse
Author

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:02 AM
kapil_kk (5/6/2013)
Danny Ocean (5/5/2013)
I think author did mention it clearly that execute all statement in a single batch.
Due to that i lose my points..

Me too lose the points

+1

~ Lokesh Vij

Guidelines for quicker answers on T-SQL question
Guidelines for answers on Performance questions

Link to my Blog Post --> www.SQLPathy.com

Follow me @Twitter

Post #1449594
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 1:02 AM

Ten Centuries

Ten CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen CenturiesTen Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:12 AM
Good one, thank you for the Kick Start Post.

(well... long story short...) "damn!!!..." (where is my "learn sql in 21 hours for beginners" book?)

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
Post #1449603
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 1:04 AM
SSC-Addicted

SSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-AddictedSSC-Addicted

Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:27 AM
Danny Ocean (5/5/2013)
I think author did mention it clearly that execute all statement in a single batch.
Due to that i lose my points..

Same goes for me as well.... just lost my valuable points
Post #1449604
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 1:07 AM

SSCrazy

SSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazySSCrazy

Last Login: Today @ 1:45 AM
The question states the batch in the very begining, there are no batch separators, and answers contain "not run due to previous errors". I think it's enough.

+1

Good qotd, but too long, it worths 4 points.
Post #1449605
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 1:53 AM

Ten Centuries

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:20 AM
Carlo Romagnano (5/6/2013)
The question states the batch in the very begining, there are no batch separators, and answers contain "not run due to previous errors". I think it's enough.

+1

Good qotd, but too long, it worths 4 points.

Especially for the majority who answers before first coffee

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
© Dr.Plch
Post #1449615
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 2:02 AM
Ten Centuries

Last Login: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:15 PM
I lost patience, the moment I saw "select 8" ...
not a good day to begin with

~ demonfox
Post #1449619
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 2:26 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 1:18 PM
Good question, thanks for submitting, Honza! I agree that it was clear enough that the code was supposed to be run as a single batch.

To the person posting that "select 8" put him/her off - I understand. I had a similar response to seeing the list of answer options (BTW, Kudos to Honza for fighting the QotD submission interface long enough to complete that LOOONNGGG list!). But they were organized wewll enough that it soon was clear that it was simply a matter of responding to eight questions on each of the eight statements.

To the many people complaining they "lost" points - you didn't. You still have as many points as you had before, and by wasting yours and other people's time with your whining, you even earned an extra point. (Can someone please give Steve an entry-level book about raising kids? You know, one that explain you should not reward unwanted behaviour?)

And to the person who even added the word "valuable" before "points" - please tell me exactly how valuable they are to you. I'll gladly sell you mine for 50% of that. Where I work and live, those points are worth exactly nothing, so we would both benefit!

And finally, to Steve - I know we've discussed this before, and I know it won't happen, but I just have to ask again. Can you please, please, please get rid of that stupid point system. The only effect I see it having is to encourage behaviour that benefits nobody.

Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
Visit my SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis
Post #1449623
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 2:33 AM

Ten Centuries

Last Login: Monday, September 22, 2014 1:20 AM
Hugo Kornelis (5/6/2013)
Good question, thanks for submitting, Honza! I agree that it was clear enough that the code was supposed to be run as a single batch.

To the person posting that "select 8" put him/her off - I understand. I had a similar response to seeing the list of answer options (BTW, Kudos to Honza for fighting the QotD submission interface long enough to complete that LOOONNGGG list!). But they were organized wewll enough that it soon was clear that it was simply a matter of responding to eight questions on each of the eight statements.

To the many people complaining they "lost" points - you didn't. You still have as many points as you had before, and by wasting yours and other people's time with your whining, you even earned an extra point. (Can someone please give Steve an entry-level book about raising kids? You know, one that explain you should not reward unwanted behaviour?)

And to the person who even added the word "valuable" before "points" - please tell me exactly how valuable they are to you. I'll gladly sell you mine for 50% of that. Where I work and live, those points are worth exactly nothing, so we would both benefit!

And finally, to Steve - I know we've discussed this before, and I know it won't happen, but I just have to ask again. Can you please, please, please get rid of that stupid point system. The only effect I see it having is to encourage behaviour that benefits nobody.

Thank you very much.
Writing answers was a hard work but I use a good clipboard tool

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
© Dr.Plch
Post #1449626
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 3:34 AM

Ten Centuries

Last Login: Yesterday @ 11:12 AM

(.... I see the "points" but never kept track of it.. but after reading the above I never realized that people are actually desperate for this; when people mention "lost my point"... i thought they are trying to be funny, metaphorically, not literally. Didn't knew this was serious stuff until now; May be we can change it to SQL CASH POINTS.. like in any next event on SQL, a person who earned more points will get a free-book on SQL with authors sign in it or link to the pdf file to download... )

ww; Raghu
--
The first and the hardest SQL statement I have wrote- "select * from customers" - and I was happy and felt smart.
Post #1449631
Posted Monday, May 6, 2013 3:35 AM

SSCarpal Tunnel

SSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal TunnelSSCarpal Tunnel

Last Login: Today @ 8:58 AM
Good question, thanks Honza
I must learn not to answer before my first coffee!!!!!!!

Post #1449632
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««12345»»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse