Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

XML in varchar column - select it and have it formatted pretty Expand / Collapse
Author

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:40 AM
It might be my density , but looking at examples on the net I can not find a straight forward way to select a column of XML and have it displayed in a formatted manner. Seems like there would be, but then ...

Anyone send me in the right direction?

<><
Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
Post #1448244
Posted Tuesday, April 30, 2013 3:09 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 12:40 PM
If you mean you want to see it in SSMS , then just select it and then click on the value in the results grid - it will open an xml browser window that shows a classic XML tree.

MM

• MMGrid Addin
  • MMNose Addin

• Forum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problems
  • Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
  • How to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw

• Post #1448255
    Posted Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:33 AM

SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 6:40 AM
    mister.magoo (4/30/2013)
    If you mean you want to see it in SSMS , then just select it and then click on the value in the results grid - it will open an xml browser window that shows a classic XML tree.
    YES!!!!! as long as you change the default display return of 256 characters. This option was still broken in v2005 (at least I never got it to work), but v2012 works as advertised. Thanks for helping me work through the old baggage.

<><
    Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.
    Post #1448413
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse