Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

combining the flat file without changing its original spaces between the columns...Spaces are critical Expand / Collapse
Author
Grasshopper

GrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopperGrasshopper

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 8:31 PM
Hi All,
I have created an ETL process which could delete sapces and have managed to get a flat file with required spaces between the columns (spaces between the columns are not fixed). i have 4 output flat files now i have to union them ( they are of same datatype). i dont want any delimiter in my output i just want to union those flat files.i want the flat files one after the other.

1) combining the output flatfiles in exact same way.
2)they must be one below the other eg:1

Can Anyone Help Please its urgent!!!

Thanks

Post #1446702
Posted Friday, April 26, 2013 3:08 AM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Today @ 3:11 AM
Use an Execute Process command at the end of your package to run a DOS copy/append:

copy file1.txt+file2.txt+File3.txt+File4.txt AllFiles.txt

Help us to help you. For better, quicker and more-focused answers to your questions, consider following the advice in this link.

When you ask a question (and please do ask a question: "My T-SQL does not work" just doesn't cut it), please provide enough information for us to understand its context.
Post #1446862
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse