Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

How To Register & Run MDX Query Using CLR Programing in SSAS Server (Assemblies) Expand / Collapse
Posted Monday, April 15, 2013 11:55 AM

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, May 11, 2015 1:18 PM
I Have A Simple MDX Query
"Select [Measures].[Book Value GAAP USD] on COLUMNS From [Positions Cube]"
I Need To Run THis Query Using CLR Program (C# Code) and Register It In SSAS Server I Mean In Assemblies

I Tried SomeThing Like This .... Its Not Working (I am Pretty Much New To These Type Of Things)

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using System.Data.SqlClient;
using Microsoft.AnalysisServices;
using Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdServer;
namespace BI.MDX
public sealed class BI_MDX_PosTrans_SP
public static float GAAPBV(float bv)
AdomdCommand objCommand;
string sConnString;
string strCommand;
AdomdConnection objConnection;

strCommand = "Select [Measures].[Book Value GAAP USD] on COLUMNS From [Positions Cube]";
sConnString = "Data;Initial Catalog=Inv_PosTrans";

objConnection.ConnectionString = sConnString;

objCommand = new AdomdCommand(strCommand, objConnection);
objCellSet = objCommand.ExecuteCellSet();

Post #1442433
Posted Saturday, April 27, 2013 12:47 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:51 AM
Usually you would not hard-code the text of a query into CLR like this. In Analysis Services, you can only create CLR stored procedures - unlike in relational databases, where you can do CLR data types, triggers, aggregate, etc. You would call an Analysis Services stored procedure much like a function that operates on a row returned by a query, such as SELECT Column1, Column2, MyStoredProcedure(Column3), etc.

What you're trying do is much more like hard-coding the definition of a view, which isn't the usual use case. But if you really wanted to do that, you could use syntax like "CALL MyStoredProcedure." I was just writing a blog post the other day on how to do this with SQL Server Data Mining, but haven't posted it yet in my series at If you let me know the text of the errors you received, I might be able to help.

-- Steve
Post #1447288
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse