Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase

SSIS question Expand / Collapse
Author
SSC Veteran

SSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC VeteranSSC Veteran

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 2:29 PM
how do i modify a package which has been deployed to the server? This package is being used for dba purpose (like check integrity task). Will I need the "project" related to the package? Or can I just get the dtsx file and save it in my local and make changes to it?
Post #1440112
Posted Monday, April 8, 2013 10:08 PM

SSCertifiable

SSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiableSSCertifiable

Last Login: Yesterday @ 7:01 PM
No, you do not need the original Solution or Project file. You can export the Package using SSMS or dtutil.exe and modify it on your local machine. You can also open a copy of the Package directly in BIDS. After modifying the Package in BIDS you can import the revised version into the server using your choice of those same tools.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are no special teachers of virtue, because virtue is taught by the whole community. --Plato
Post #1440129
Posted Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:57 AM
Mr or Mrs. 500

Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500Mr or Mrs. 500

Last Login: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:40 PM
This might be obvious, but if you don't have version control on the project, its worth renaming the old package before you upload the new one. That way if you break it, you have a quick recovery.
Post #1440910
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase

Permissions Expand / Collapse