Click here to monitor SSC
SQLServerCentral is supported by Red Gate Software Ltd.

Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Jasper Smith's SSRS Scripter Expand / Collapse
Author
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: General Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, June 7, 2013 10:00 AM
I know this is an old post, but I thought I would add what I found. I went to archive.org, and pasted in http://www.sqldbatips.com/showarticle.asp?ID=62 into the WayBackMachine and found the site. I then download the zip file from the cached copy of the website. Archive.org, a great project.
Post #1461149
Posted Friday, June 7, 2013 11:05 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Last Login: Today @ 2:32 PM
jhood-

Thanks for the followup. I got a lot of great responses to this, including the one that pointed to the fact the SSRS scripter tool was rolled up into a larger project. Go figure!

I've used this before and it is the closest thing I know of to 'easily' merge and migrate SSRS instances. As much as Microsoft pushes SSRS as an enterprise reporting tool (and it is pretty good at that creating, serving reports), it is awful from a management perspective. I hope they improve that part of it moving forward. It should be easier to merge, split, migrate, and move an SSRS instance. However, I have heard ramblings that perhaps SSRS is going the way of the dinos...but no official confirmation!

Take care,
DH
Post #1461166
Posted Monday, September 23, 2013 1:21 PM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Last Login: Friday, September 12, 2014 11:26 AM
Hi,

I have this tool but I have spent a day and still can't get it to work. I am able to select what I want to script and generate the script. I copy the folder over to the destination reporting server and run the "RS Scripter Load All Items.cmd" and in the log I keep getting the error below. I have many more reports to do but I just wanted to start small for the test. Both source and destination servers are SQL 2008R2.

Reporting Services Scripter Load Log 2.0.0.17

Starting Load at Mon 09/23/2013 14:56:29.95
SCRIPTLOCATION = C:\RSScripterzip\
REPORTSERVER = http://localhost/ReportServer
BACKUPLOCATION =
SCRIPTLEVEL = SQL2008
TIMEOUT = 60
RS = "C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\RS.EXE"

Running script "C:\RSScripterzip\OGS\Emailed\Weekly\ActiveProductCount.rdl.rss"
The system cannot find the path specified.

Running script "C:\RSScripterzip\OGS\Emailed\Weekly\CashAndSales.rdl.rss"
The system cannot find the path specified.
Post #1497517
Posted Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:43 PM
SSC-Enthusiastic

SSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-EnthusiasticSSC-Enthusiastic

Not sure, starting with the obvious: does that path reported in the error exist? Seriously, cut and paste it into explorer to make sure there isn't a typo? That is all I can think of right now.
Post #1498128
Posted Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:06 AM
Valued Member

Valued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued MemberValued Member

Which path, the report server path or the path to the reports copied by the script? When I type in the localhost\reportserver the reporting server page comes up...
Post #1498498
Posted Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:44 AM
SSC-Enthusiastic

The path included in the error message:

'C:\RSScripterzip\OGS\Emailed\Weekly\...'

Does that path (and the expected files) exist on the server on which you are trying to execute the CMD file generated by RSScripter?

Post #1498516
Posted Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:19 PM
Valued Member

Yes, if I put that path in explorer it goes to the rss file.
Post #1498531
Posted Wednesday, September 25, 2013 12:29 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 5:49 PM
How about the path to RS.exe - is that right?

MM

• MMGrid Addin
  • MMNose Addin

• Forum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problems
  • Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
  • How to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw

• Post #1498539
    Posted Tuesday, October 15, 2013 10:48 AM
    Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: Today @ 10:18 AM
    It's nice to see RSScripter is still available, but is someone going to keep it up to date ? As the documentations states, it won't support anything new from SSRS 2008 R2 up, so shared datasets are not recognized by RSScripter. There is no tool better for SSRS report migrations around, so it's amazing no one is upgrading it. Is the source going to be available ?
    Post #1504860
    Posted Tuesday, October 15, 2013 12:18 PM

SSCommitted

SSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommittedSSCommitted

Last Login: Today @ 5:49 PM
    jdean-1028471 (10/15/2013)
    It's nice to see RSScripter is still available, but is someone going to keep it up to date ? As the documentations states, it won't support anything new from SSRS 2008 R2 up, so shared datasets are not recognized by RSScripter. There is no tool better for SSRS report migrations around, so it's amazing no one is upgrading it. Is the source going to be available ?

I don't think there is much chance of an update or getting our hands on the code, but it's not that hard and someone may come up with something to replace it

MM

• MMGrid Addin
  • MMNose Addin

• Forum Etiquette: How to post Reporting Services problems
  • Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help - by Jeff Moden
  • How to Post Performance Problems - by Gail Shaw

• Post #1504899
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

Add to briefcase ««123»»

Permissions Expand / Collapse